Foreigners may enrol at and attend programmes on the basis of:
- international agreements, in accordance with principles set out therein
- agreements concluded by universities with foreign entities, in accordance with principles set out therein
- the minister’s approval
- approval of a NAWA’ director (National Agency for Academic Exchange) with regard to its fellows
- approval of an NCN’s director (National Science Centre) for granting funds for conducting basic research in the form of a research project, internship or scholarship, qualified as a result of a competition
- administrative decision of a rector, director of a PAN’s institute (Polish Academy of Sciences), a director of an international institute.
Foreigners are admitted to studies held in English on a fee-payment basis.